In the 1880s H.D. Robinson of Essex,CT founded what was H.D. Robinson Company. Robinson was born in Coventry,CT in 1866. H.D. Robinson Company had businesses in undertaking, casket building, furniture making and furniture repair. The original business building was located on Middlesex Turnpike adjacent to the Essex Railroad, which today is the oldest operating steam train in the United States. After a fire destroyed the building, Robinson worked as a Salesman for the New York & Brooklyn Casket Company. In 1894 he returned to his profession and reopened his business as a Funeral Home.
In 1929, Kenneth P. Wright was hired by Robinson as an apprentice while he was still attending The New England Institute of Anatomy and Embalming. Once Wright fulfilled his degree requirements he joined Robinson as a Funeral Director, and in March 1936 became part owner of what was then known as the Robinson and Wright Funeral Home. Wright was born and raised in Deep River,CT. In September 1947, Wright sold the original building and moved his funeral business to its' present location at 34 Main Street,Centerbrook,CT.
As a newly licensed Funeral Director, young Gary Weymer, a native of Watertown,CT, joined the Robinson and Wright Funeral Home. In the late 1970s Wright retired, selling his business to Weymer. Weymer incorporated and the local funeral home, now in business for over 75 years, was known as the Robinson, Wright & Weymer Funeral Home. Weymer's wife joined him in the business and became a licensed funeral director and continued to work and live at the funeral home for more than 20 years.
Sam and Lori Fulginiti carry on the family owned legacy and in November 2005 purchased Robinson, Wright & Weymer Funeral Home, keeping its name. They continue the tradition of compassion, personal attention to detail, and professional services that was started well over 100 years ago.
Original Business Building
Photo Circa 1880
Funeral Home in 1947
Funeral Home Today